Home | Sponsor Licence | Preventing illegal Employment | Visa Services

Immigration Consultancy & Applications Services for UK Businesses and Migrants

Copyright 2012©Global 4 Immigration Limited | Website designed and managed by AVERT Solutions | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions

Bulgarians & Romanians  |

HR Compliance  |

Illegal Employment  |

Marriage  |

Nationality & Citizenship  |

Partners & Families  |

Points Based System  |

Settling in the UK  |

Site Map  |

Sponsor licence

Tier 1  |

Tier 2  |

Tier 4  |

Tier 5  |

Turkish  |

Visa Index

Contact Us  |

Would you like to know more?

A student visitor may be permitted to the UK if you are an adult and you plan to undertake a short course of study in the UK (such as a beginner's English Language course or a work-related training course).

If you want to study a longer course, or you want to work (including on a work placement) alongside your studies, you should apply under Tier 4 (General) of the points-based system.

Student visitors are allowed to come to the UK for 6 months (or 11 months if they will be studying an English Language course). When you enter the UK, the Home Office will stamp the duration of your permission to stay in your passport.

Note: You cannot extend your stay beyond this period.

Can you come to the UK as a student visitor?

To come to the UK as a student visitor, you must have been accepted on a course of study in the UK. The institution that provides the course must be:

You must not intend to study at a maintained school.

You must show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:

You must also be able to show that:

Do you need a visa?

You will need a visa if you:

Tier 4 General

Prospective Student

Tier 4 Child

Student Visitor

Child Visitor

Old Student Rules

Student Visitor

Within this section we have Tier 4 General (Adults), Tier 4 Children (Children under 18), Student Visitor, Child Visitor, Prospective Student and information on the old student visa scheme Tier 4 replaced.   

Tier 4 came into force on the 31 March 2009 and replaced the student visa under the old rules prior to the introduction of tier 4. Tier 4 is part of the points-based system.

Select any of the links below to view information about the 6 areas under studying in the UK. It is important you know the category  you need to apply under. If you are not sure contact us for clarification.

Immigration Services

Tier 5 Visas

Tier 2 Visa

Tier 1 Visas





Settling in the UK

Nationality & Citizenship

EEA Nationals

Sponsor License

HR Compliance & Training

Fast Track Services

Free visa assessment enquiry

When you request for a free assessment, the information you provide us is strictly confidential and will not be passed to any third party directly or indirectly.

Are you in the UK and urgently need to apply for a new visa? or,

you need to enter the UK urgently

Call us today urgently on
01903 641690 or 0044 1903 266141 or email priorityvisa@global4immigration.com

If your business needs help in:

Sponsor License applications

Sponsor Licence Maintenance

Issuing Certificates of Sponsorship

HR Compliance

call the HR experts on 01903 641690

Urgent Visa Applications

Sponsor Licence Support

Contact Us Contact Us Contact Us

Contact us by